Saturday, 5 November 2011

Gallo, White Grenache (California) 2010

It's been a long time since I tasted anything that wasn't a white, so I thought I'd treat myself to something that had a little colour to it. As it's fast approaching the holiday season the gorgeous red pinkish hues of this tipple immediately caught my eye on the shelf.

 This wine has such a vibrant colour that it looks luminescent in the glass and just begs to be imbibed. The nose is light with the merest hint of summer fruits, which makes a change from the usual pungent heavy whites that I normally enjoy. The nasal journey that the nose invited me to take reminds one of a summers day spent picking strawberries to fill my hand woven punnet.

 At first taste this wine is sweet on the tongue with a gentle bite and a lingering aftertaste of fruits. As I have already said, this wine is VERY fruity and so would be equally perfect drunk on a Mediterranean beach lounger or at a festive gathering. It gives one such a positive feeling as the sweetness, colour and bite combine to lift the spirits through more that just the taste.

I thoroughly enjoyed drinking something so different and fresh and would heartily recommend this to anyone looking for a wine that will bring a smile to their lips.

Previous Post  Next Post


No comments:

Post a Comment