Sunday, 6 November 2011

'Plumduff'

'Plumduff', a ruby ale from the Wychwood brewery in Oxfordshire is described on the bottle as a 'hearty Christmas ale, a seasonal brew with plum and spice'. It's colour is deep, like a strong, un-milked tea, with an almost whisky like translucency. It makes you feel warm inside just looking at it.

Flavourwise it's very malty, with a tangy Christmas pudding aftertaste. It's as if they've taken a moist Christmas pudding, or maybe the centre of a large mince pie, and wrung it out over the vat of ale to drip the essence of the festive season into every bottle. To top it off, it's finished with a mistletoe kiss to the back of the tongue.

If you're looking for a winter warmer to enjoy over the holiday season then I would heartily recommend this fine ale.


Next Post

3 comments:

  1. I sniff my wife's feet on Friday evenings, I believe this has improved my ability to detect the intricacies of taste, any tips on making a career out of this would be appreciated Jilly. Thanks, Rick.P Mr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestingly I have found that dry wine helps me with a problem that had affected my marriage, namely a slackness downstairs. The acidity of a good french bottle enabled my husband and I to turn the clock back twenty years, at least in the bedroom ;-) Mrs A. Nus-Fooker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Jilly, now this sounds like a real winter warmer and I'm sure the worst of the weather is still to come, so I will grab a couple bottle of these and store for those freezed out weekends at home. Bless

    ReplyDelete